Private Domain Registration
Search your domain keyword :
Private Domain Registration
Did you know that when you register a domain, your name, address, email address and phone number are immediately made available to anyone who wants to see them? That’s right. Your personal information is exposed 24 hours a day, everyday, to anyone, anywhere.
You have the power to change this. With a private (“unlisted”) registration through Domains By Proxy (our affiliate company), registering a domain name doesn’t mean sacrificing your privacy.
A Private “Unlisted” Registration protects you from:
- Protect your identity
- Stop Domain-related spam
- Maintain personal and family privacy
- Thwart Harassers, stalkers, and data miners
- Prevent your domain from being hijacked
- “Moonlighting”, home- or side-business identity disclosure
- Privacy intrusions
- Voice political and First Amendment speech
How it works
- Your new or existing domain is registered in the name of Domains By Proxy — so their information is made public — not yours.
- You retain full benefits of domain registration. You can cancel, sell, renew, or transfer your domain; set-up name servers for your domain; and resolve disputes involving your domain.
- The patented registration and email handling systems let you manage and control all postal mail and email addressed to the domain you have registered, as well as the domain’s contact information.
- Your domain registration is safe and insured against loss.
- But don’t even think about using a private registration to transmit spam, violate the law, or engage in morally objectionable activities as explained on the right side.
Morally Objectionable Activities
Including but not limited to those which are: Child pornographic, Harmful to minors, Defamatory, Abusive, Threatening, Harassing, Torturous, Obscene, Racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, Involve hate crimes or terrorism
“It is extremely crucial that I keep my privacy on my physical abuse domains because I hope to become a non-profit and eventually maintain information that will help victims of domestic violence and rape. Having my contact information public would not only be an invasion of my privacy, but could also potentially be dangerous in my case. Some information should and has to be sacred for if nothing else that reason.” – Webmaster John
“My personal privacy is of extreme importance to me. At any moment I can have anywhere from $50,000 to $1 Million in precious stones in my possession. As such, the security of my family, myself, and my business can hinge directly on my ability to keep my address a closely guarded secret. When it was made clear to me that this was in jeopardy without private registration I purchased it on all of my domain names. Thank you for this invaluable service!” – Steven R.
“When we were first looking at setting up a family website, one of our top concerns was privacy. So when we discovered Domains By Proxy it was ideal. Since it was a family website with pictures of our children, we didn’t want our personal information available for just anyone to see. In today’s world, privacy cannot be taken for granted — it must be safe-guarded and that’s exactly what Domains By Proxy does!” – David B.