.it – country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Italy
.it is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Italy.
Because it is also the English word it, and many words end with -it, this can commonly used in the construction of domain hacks, such as play.it (now owned by CBS Radio), write.it or make.it.
There are a number of reserved second-level domain names, for example, domain names like Italy.it, or other names that are referring to geographical regions of Italy.
- .gov.it – The official governmental domain, and its use is increasing rapidly.
- .edu.it – Domain has been investigated, but its proposal was never formalized.
- Domains in the form comune.<locality>.it and comune.<locality>.<province code>.it are reserved to Italian municipalities. The former variant is normally used by the province capital towns, the latter by smaller towns. Eventual blank spaces in the town name can either be omitted or replaced with a hyphen sign.
- Domains in the form provincia.<province>.it are reserved to Italian provinces.
- Domains in the form regione.<region>.it are reserved to Italian regions.
Whether you’re involved in the technical world of IT professionals, or your heart (or business) lies in Italy, .IT domain names are the perfect way to put your passion on the Web.
.IT is the official Top-Level Doman for Italy, but anyone around the globe can register .IT domains, including YOU!
Why choose .IT?
It doesn’t matter where you live. .IT domains can be registered by anyone, but they’re perfect for Information Technology professionals or anyone looking to share their Italian pride. So whether you talk in “Bytes” or say “Buon Giorno,” .IT may be the domain you’ve been looking for.
.IT is perfect for you if…
- You’re an IT professional who wants to share your knowledge on the Web.
- You lead an IT department and need a place to call “home.”
- You want to expand your brand by registering the .IT version of your .COM.
- You live or have interests in Italy and want to tell the world!